Embroidery software formats
From Embroidery Machine Encylopedia
- Barudan DAT
- Extension - .dat - The correct naming convention for a Barudan DAT file is aXX.dst where the letter a is lowercase and the 2 X are numerical values from 01 - 99 not to exceed or equal 100. If one does not abide to these naming conventions it is possible that the embroidery machine will not read, view or recognize the embroidery design.
- Barudan DSB
- Extension - .dsb - Seems to be similar to the Tajima DST format (see below), but the Barudan variant. Supports multiple needles. Color change code for first eight needles only. DSB stands for Data Stitch Barudan
- Tajima DST
- Extension - .dst - The correct naming convention for a Tajima DST file is gXXX.dst where the letter g is lowercase and the 3 X are numerical values from 001 - 099 not to exceed or equal 100. If one does not abide to these naming conventions it is possible that the embroidery machine will not read, view or recognize the embroidery design. DST stands for Data Stitch Tajima.
- ZSK DSZ
- Extension - .dsz - Another Tajima stitch format variant. Used with ZSK broidery emmachines. (The “Z” stands for ZSK".)
- Happy TAP
- Extension - .tap -
- Melco EXP
- Extension - .exp - Melco Expanded stitch format. No color information.